Would you rather.....

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Re: Would you rather.....

Postby Olly » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:52 pm

I have the Maxus and love it, never shot the newer A5 so I can't compare but you can't go wrong with a Maxus.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DukMan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Maxus.... I have both and have had nothing but problems with my A5
2018 Totals
4 Canadian Geese
7 Blue Wing Teal
2 Green Wing Teal
1 Gadwall
1 Black Duck
1 Canvasback
6 Bufflehead
12 Mallards ( 10 drakes + 2 hens)
10 Wood Ducks

Mergansers
1 Hooded ( 1 Drake)
1 Common ( 1 Hen)
DukMan

Postby DukMan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Browning is known for gas... The A5 is their 1st inertia and they have some bugs to work out
2018 Totals
4 Canadian Geese
7 Blue Wing Teal
2 Green Wing Teal
1 Gadwall
1 Black Duck
1 Canvasback
6 Bufflehead
12 Mallards ( 10 drakes + 2 hens)
10 Wood Ducks

Mergansers
1 Hooded ( 1 Drake)
1 Common ( 1 Hen)
DukMan

Would you rather.....

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:49 pm

My A5 has never had a hiccup and the recoil is nothing compared to an 870... I don't like the maxus forearm so based solely off that I'd get another A5.

* I've shot both and like the A5 better.
Last edited by The Duck Hammer on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:51 pm

TyrelPalmer wrote:I love the idea of the A5, but it makes me a little nervous. I like the idea of the more unique gun, but can't make myself pull the trigger. I've only ever shot pumps and gas guns, but the A5 is something I want to try. But I'm just nervous about it, I don't want to get something that has a bunch of issues but I know that the Maxus is said to be SOLID. But I've been reading a lot of positives on the A5 as well. Thanks guys! Anybody else out there with experience?

The warranty is the best in the business and the a5 has been out long enough that if there were bugs they should be worked out by now.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:23 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
TyrelPalmer wrote:I love the idea of the A5, but it makes me a little nervous. I like the idea of the more unique gun, but can't make myself pull the trigger. I've only ever shot pumps and gas guns, but the A5 is something I want to try. But I'm just nervous about it, I don't want to get something that has a bunch of issues but I know that the Maxus is said to be SOLID. But I've been reading a lot of positives on the A5 as well. Thanks guys! Anybody else out there with experience?

The warranty is the best in the business and the a5 has been out long enough that if there were bugs they should be worked out by now.

A great warranty does no one any good 5 miles off shore with ducks landing in your spread.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:09 am

Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

A great warranty does no one any good 5 miles off shore with ducks landing in your spread.

Carry a spare nova on your boat. Problem solved.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:59 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

I never go anywhere duck hunting without my spare Nova.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

I never go anywhere duck hunting without my spare Nova.

Novas are the king of taking a beating and keeping on tickin. Paw is the only one I've ever known to break one. :lol:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Tomkat » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:47 pm

I never used a 3.5 inch gun. I am sure you will enjoy yours
Tomkat

Postby aunt betty » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Have shot geese from "hey I can't believe you shot that range" with 2.75" shells.
You can miss just as good with whatever but it costs more with the longer shells.
A5 kick like mule so getv the air-powered gun. (just an
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Internet burped and got a double-post. Errrr...excuse me. :lol:
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to The Shotgun Forum