How much is gas

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

How much is gas

Postby don novicki » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Where you live? Here in Western PA. we are paying 2.85/9 gal. Thirteen miles west in Conneaut Oh. it is 2.25/9. Guess where I buy all my gas? Pa. Has the highest gas tax in the nation, I think it's 75 cents gal. Remember when they said gas would go back down after the hurricanes? The check is in the mail..... :evil:
don novicki

Re: How much is gas

Postby Throbbin Rods » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:40 am

Lebanon NH $2.59/gallon
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Deltaman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:56 am

Mobile, AL $2.39 gal
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby aunt betty » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Don't know. Don't care.
Cut up your drivers license and you won't either.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:50 am

Yesterday I bought gas. It was $2.98 or close but I splurged and got the mid-grade stuff.
Hadn't put any gas into the truck since LAST YEAR in November.
Yeah I don't get out much.
Just didn't have the urge to drive thousands of miles to not shoot a duck like the year before.

All I have to do is drive to the next county south and the price of gas falls by an average of around 20 cents or more.
Champaign County is blue therefore a fucking "sanctuary county" which is bs imo.

Sorry guys one of us had to stay behind and keep an eye on the liberals.
It's goofy so I don't go out much. Could get robbed or shot in my front yard trying to start the car.
I will shoot back you can bet on it. :mrgreen:
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:49 pm

$2.65 for regular. Next time I'll get the cheap stuff.
It's $2.55 in Mattoon. lol
Check out Farmer City and I bet it's $2.60

C-U taxes the fuck out of us. 10% sales tax too.
aunt betty

Postby don novicki » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:16 pm

2.93/9 and climbing. Now I suppose they will tell us the price increases are based on the developments in Syria. Sure they are. I forget how many barrels a day do we get from Syria? Oh yea.........zero. Now I understand. By the way Pa. has the highest gas tax in the nation.
don novicki

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:34 am

Oil prices have been climbing and weather is getting nice so people are driving more and consuming more gasoline. They nearly always go up as the weather gets nicer. Thank goodness for fracking or they would be much much higher.
SpinnerMan

Postby don novicki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:47 am

I understood that most fracked ool goes to China. But I could be wrong
don novicki

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:48 am

don novicki wrote:I understood that most fracked ool goes to China. But I could be wrong

It's a world market. It goes to whoever pays the most for it. I think the U.S. still consumes the most oil of any country. China is getting closer. They have 4 times as many people, but most or unbelievably poor, but becoming less poor.

I don't know, but I doubt much is shipped out because we ship so much in to meet our huge demand. Although, with fracking, I'm sure we are shipping in a whole lot less than we used to.
SpinnerMan

Postby don novicki » Fri May 18, 2018 7:38 am

3.09/gallon here now. The news says expect prices to go higher due to the sanctions on Iran. To my knowledge we don't get any oil from Iran and haven't for years. Crude now at 80.00/barrel. I wish I could switch to natural gas or they built a hybrid vehicle that uses electric and nat. gas. These oil companies get to do whatever they want cuz all of the politicians are in their back pockets. :evil:
don novicki

Postby aunt betty » Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 am

Try and get steamer Stan to talk about this issue. He's a railroader and is pretty in tune with what all is getting shipped where.
The coal we mine all goes to China is what he told me once.

Gas is less here but diesel is a bit over $3.
Remember the good old old days when diesel was always cheaper than gas?
aunt betty

Postby Deltaman » Fri May 18, 2018 11:26 am

Friend of mine built a small plant to process the frying oil from his seafood restaurants, and uses it to fuel the families cars and trucks. Also met an engineer at one of the chemical plants I called on a few years back, who put a 2nd fuel tank in his diesel truck. He would fill the 2nd tank with strained, used frying oil from local restaurants (who were happy to get rid of it at the time), and had a switch inside his cab that flipped intake from one tank to the other. Said he would start his struck on diesel, and once on the interstate (which was most of his ride to work), flipped it over to the oil, and said that when he exited the interstate a few miles before his plant, would switch it back to diesel. Said the engine didn't know any better and it ran just fine, as long as it started and ended with diesel. Always joked about people smelling the air as he drove by and commented on the smell of frying chicken :lol:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby don novicki » Fri May 18, 2018 11:32 am

I'd always be hungry while driving if I was using that fuel................ :lol:
don novicki

Return to The Blind