The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Woody » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:08 am

Olly wrote:I just bought my licenses for this year. Finally going to go hunt here in OR!

Dude, Nice!
You hunting the coast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Deltaman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Olly wrote:I just bought my licenses for this year. Finally going to go hunt here in OR!

Glad to hear it Olly, and hope your upcoming season there bears fruit :beer:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Deltaman wrote:

Glad to hear it Olly, and hope your upcoming season there bears fruit :beer:

Thank you! I hope it's as good some of my hunts back when I lived in MI in the highlight of my duck hunting days.

Woody wrote:

Dude, Nice!
You hunting the coast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, hunting areas around Coos Bay are kind of slim but there are some good walk ins and a small marsh I can get my sneak boat back into.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Deltaman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:51 am

Looking forward to your reports, and happy to see you back on the board :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Olly » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:57 pm

Deltaman wrote:Looking forward to your reports, and happy to see you back on the board :thumbsup:

I've always been here! Life has just been a little busy lately... getting promoted and moving to Oregon I've been super busy at work these days. Seems to eat up a lot of my time.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 pm

Also I ran into some issues with the forums database tonight. I had to do a backup from last night so all post made today 10/25 were lost!

We're back up and running as of now.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:15 am

Much thanks, Olly.
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:11 am

Thanks Olly!! Much appreciated.
DComeaux

Postby Deltaman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:26 am

Thanks Olly :thumbsup:
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:20 pm

Whats up ? :popcorn:
OGblackcloud

Postby DComeaux » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Whats up OG?
DComeaux

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Hey D :beer:
OGblackcloud

Postby Olly » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Oh yea....

IMG_20181109_135155.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:16 am

Just don't light one of those West Coast bones in there...
Rick

Postby Duck Engr » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:37 am

Olly wrote:Oh yea....

IMG_20181109_135155.jpg

Looking good bud! Go ahead and put the sneak on a few.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:36 pm

Rick wrote:Just don't light one of those West Coast bones in there...

:duck:

Duck Engr wrote:
Olly wrote:Oh yea....

IMG_20181109_135155.jpg

Looking good bud! Go ahead and put the sneak on a few.

Done and done! OR lives up to it's reputation for the ducks.

Moose is 10 this year and he's still got it in his older age! Put the bite on all 5 ducks I managed to drop today.

IMG_20181110_065044.jpg

IMG_20181110_091705.jpg

IMG_20181110_073111.jpg

smssecure-2018-11-10-093259.jpg

IMG_20181110_083819.jpg
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Duck Engr » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Ohhh an exotic! Looks like you need a log!
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby outboardman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:08 am

Nice pictures Olly

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Got to love the mud.
outboardman

Postby DComeaux » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:19 pm

SWEET!
DComeaux

Postby Deltaman » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Glad you are settling in on the West coast, and putting some duck blood in your boat Olly!!!!
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Olly » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:22 pm

Another awesome weekend in the PNW.

Two days, two limits. All Wigeon.

IMG_20181118_094752.jpg
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DComeaux » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:00 pm

WOW! That would be awesome. I miss those wonderful birds. I heard one this morning.
DComeaux

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Congrats :thumbsup:

I think somebody needs their own log ;)
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:35 pm

That. And I'm with DC, too, miss the wigeon that were once common here.
Rick

Postby Deltaman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:09 am

Sweet hunts Olly, Congrats!!! I had forgotten that the West coast had a 7 bird limit, and I believe a longer season as well. East coast is sucking hind teat on duck numbers, but West coast numbers are apparently doing well.
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Olly » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Deltaman wrote:Sweet hunts Olly, Congrats!!! I had forgotten that the West coast had a 7 bird limit, and I believe a longer season as well. East coast is sucking hind teat on duck numbers, but West coast numbers are apparently doing well.

I think Oregon is the only state with the 7 bird limit and the 90 days season. It runs until Jan 27th!

I don't know why but where I'm at has almost no other duck hunters and if they are they are almost all walk ins sticking to the marsh near the back of the bay. I'm always alone out in the open bay and the birds are always on me like a magnet. Never in my life have I had this many birds to work with! I can finally pick and choose which birds I want to take as they come in and passing shots are a thing of the past. If they aren't decoying I don't even bother. Pretty amazing stuff, total 180 from Mobile Bay.

Not to brag or anything :lol: :lol:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DComeaux » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:21 pm

Olly wrote:
Deltaman wrote:Sweet hunts Olly, Congrats!!! I had forgotten that the West coast had a 7 bird limit, and I believe a longer season as well. East coast is sucking hind teat on duck numbers, but West coast numbers are apparently doing well.

I think Oregon is the only state with the 7 bird limit and the 90 days season. It runs until Jan 27th!

I don't know why but where I'm at has almost no other duck hunters and if they are they are almost all walk ins sticking to the marsh near the back of the bay. I'm always alone out in the open bay and the birds are always on me like a magnet. Never in my life have I had this many birds to work with! I can finally pick and choose which birds I want to take as they come in and passing shots are a thing of the past. If they aren't decoying I don't even bother. Pretty amazing stuff, total 180 from Mobile Bay.

That sounds like a dream, and days from my distant past. Isn't it awesome?
DComeaux

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:20 pm

Olly wrote:

Most of the pacific flyway has a 7 bird limit and CA has a 107 day season. Glad to see you are getting some birds.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Rick » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 am

What a blessing to have landed in such a place.
Rick

Postby Deltaman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:26 am

WOW.........you mean there's a hole in the hunter population up there? Glad you found it!!!!!! Those kids must be too busy burning up the legal weed to be bothered with chasing birds :lol:
Mark Twain
Deltaman

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind