Looking for decoy mold

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Looking for decoy mold

Postby Ktaylor1014 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:07 pm

I've been wanting to start making my own decoys as a hobby and after hours of researching I cant seem to find a company that is selling a decoy mold except EBAY. Older threads from other forums in the early 2000's had a few companies to check out like R&R sporting goods, decoys unlimited, black lab decoys, and American decoy to name a few but they are all either out of business or don't sell that product anymore. Is there a current company that is selling these molds that I've missed or am I stuck to finding one on EBAY?
Ktaylor1014

Re: Looking for decoy mold

Postby Ricky Spanish » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Ktaylor1014 wrote:I've been wanting to start making my own decoys as a hobby and after hours of researching I cant seem to find a company that is selling a decoy mold except EBAY. Older threads from other forums in the early 2000's had a few companies to check out like R&R sporting goods, decoys unlimited, black lab decoys, and American decoy to name a few but they are all either out of business or don't sell that product anymore. Is there a current company that is selling these molds that I've missed or am I stuck to finding one on EBAY?

There are videos online of ppl making their own molds.
I'd copy a decoy. To buy a handcrafted mold would be super costly.
Ricky Spanish

Re: Looking for decoy mold

Postby rhpierce » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Probably going to have to find molds on Ebay, and/or go to another forum and post up a "looking for decoy molds" request in the decoy forum.

Lots of Decoys Unlimited molds out there. I don't know if she sold them or not, but had a friend's widow in Alabama who had something like three ducks and a goose mold at one time, with mallard, bluebill, canvasback and goose heads...
rhpierce

Return to The Blind